Labels

Sunday 4 August 2013

Anne Frank

"Some books should be tasted,some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly"-Sir Francis Bacon

The one book that I have chewed and digested thoroughly is Anne Frank's Diary.I grew up reading her diary.I adored her,laughed and cried with her.
I was introduced to this wonderful work of art when I was 11 by my Moral Science teacher(Yes!! Moral Science).


Anne Frank was a Jewish teenager who suffered the wrath of Nazi era.Her only source of happiness when she was in hiding was her history books,her diary and her family.She aspired to be a writer and yearned to travel the world,but her life was cut short when she was 15 in Auschwitz concentration camp.

Her stories of life,love and learning have inspired me and made me curious of the Holocaust.I have watched every documentary and movies based on it and cried like a baby witnessing the cruel side of humanity.

She made me understand the true meaning of the phrase"Pen is mightier than sword".

Her diary will always remain close to my heart.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment